The renewable energy sector continues to grow and evolve. Our materials supplier partners are manufacturing products that are evolving too with new and innovative flexible and rigid materials that are being developed for use in solar, wind, hydro, nuclear and fuel cell systems. Electrowind Converting Solutions converts and machines those materials to simple and complex shapes to suit your requirement for parts and components designed for the manufacturing of renewable energy equipment, systems and devices.
Flexible Material Converting for Renewable Energy
Solar films, front- and backsheets; release films for wind turbine blades; insulating tapes for wind turbines; shielding films for fuel cells; and insulating materials and tapes for hydroelectric pumps and motors are just some of the applications where our flexible material converting is used.
We custom slit-to-width and length the films, papers, foils, rubbers, foams and adhesive tapes you need to manufacture your renewable energy components.
If you need 10 or 10,000 custom parts die cut out of paper, film or adhesive tape to a specific shape or formed to fit in your equipment; we can die cut, stamp, sheet, punch press, bend, crease and/or form those parts for you as we have the capabilities, technical expertise and innovative materials required for your industry.
Rigid Material Converting for Renewable Energy
Electrical, mechanical and thermal resistance are some of the properties that are important to renewable energy equipment manufacturers and Electrowind supplies a wide variety of materials that offer these properties. Electrowind Converting Solutions offers CNC and waterjet machining, sawing, milling, turning, forming, bending and more to machine the demanding hard materials you need. We have the capabilities to do small and large orders of parts to the precision and exacting requirements of your industry.
Typical Custom Parts We Manufacture for Your Industry
- Bonding & joining liquids
- Bus bar insulation tape
- Components for wind turbine generators & systems
- Components for photovoltaic panels & systems
- Conductive materials
- Electrical insulating parts
- EMI/RFI shielding
- Finishing tapes
- Guarding & windows
- Power supply insulation
- Protective tapes & films
- Sealing adhesives & films
- Solar films
- Structural components
- Transfer & release films/tapes
- Thermal management
Contact Electrowind Converting Solutions at 800.265.8340 to discuss your custom requirement or Request a Quote for your custom parts.
Electrowind Available Materials & Equipment
Electrowind Converting Solutions is a division of Electrowind. Electrowind supplies materials and equipment for motor, transformer, electrical and electronic equipment. A list of our available materials is below:
- Magnet/Winding Wire-stocking distributor for Superior Essex, PPE, Elektrisola, Von Roll Austral and more. Wire available from Electrowind is used in systems from thermal class 105°C to +240°C. Available in various packages from 8 lb spools to 1,000 lb reels depending on the product and brand.
- Hook Up & Lead Wire-stocking distributor for Belden, Champlain Cable and more. We can cut-to-length hook up and lead wire based on your requirement.
- Flexible Insulating Sheet Material-stocking distributor for DuPont, Von Roll, Isovolta, 3M, Fibertek, Weidmann and more. Flexible sheet material available from Electrowind includes: Kraft paper; Copaco; DMD; NMN; NKN; TFT; polyimide film (Kapton®); polyester film (Mylar® and Teijin®); mica; Nomex®; TufQUIN®; CeQUIN®; Kevlar®; Tedlar®; Formex® polypropylene; silicone rubber; virgin Teflon® and more. Available as roll or master roll stock. Electrowind Converting Solutions can slit, die-cut, sheet, crease, print, laminate and finish flexible sheet material in various ways to produce custom parts based on your design or requirement.
- Rigid Insulating Sheet, Shapes and Molded Parts-stocking distributor for Rochling Glastic, Haysite and more. Rigid sheet material available from Electrowind includes: glass polyester GPO-1, GPO-2 and GPO-3; glass silicone G-7; high-temperature polyester SG-200/HT-1030; glass epoxy G-10/G-11/FR-4/EMD; glass melamine G-9; transformer board; densified laminated wood and pressboard; semi-conductive sheets; mica; phenolics including grade L, LE, C, CE, X, XX and XXX; plastics and specialty rigids including Delrin®, Ultem®, UHMW, PVC, nylon, Arboron®, acrylic, Lexan® polycarbonate and more. Typically available in thicknesses from .032” up to 4” thicknesses depending on the product. Rods, channels, tubes and composite molded/threaded rods, nuts and bolts available in certain products. Electrowind Converting Solutions can machine, mill, saw, form, bend, drill, laminate and finish rigid sheet and shape material in various ways to produce custom parts based on your design or requirement.
- Adhesive Tapes-stocking distributor for 3M, Intertape, DeWal, Ideal (American Biltrite) and more. Adhesive tapes available from Electrowind are used to insulate, bond, mask, conduct, protect, assemble, package, shield and seal. Electrowind Converting Solutions can slit-to-width, die cut/punch press, print and finish adhesive tape in various ways to produce custom tape for your application.
- Non-Adhesive Tapes, Lacing Tapes & Cords-stocking distributor for Western Filament, Breyden Products, Isovolta, Von Roll, Carolina Narrow Fabric and more. Non-adhesive tapes, cords and rope available from Electrowind are typically made from fiberglass, cotton, Kevlar®, Nomex®, glass/polyester, nylon and mica can be purchased finished with wax, vinyl, rubber, b-stage, or Teflon® coating as well as with tracer lines depending on the product and brand.
- Sleeving & Tubing-stocking distributor for Atkins & Pearce, Delfingen, Varflex, 3M and more. Sleeving available from Electrowind in sizes from #0-#24 AWG and up to 2” diameter typically. Various colours available depending on the product and brand.
- Paints, Varnish, Resins, Coatins, Adhesives, Sealant, Lubricants & Potting Materials-stocking distributor for Elantas PDG Inc., Von Roll, Dolph’s, Glyptal, 3M, Insulcast, Momentive, Hysol and more. Available in various packages from pint to drum and tank quantities depending on the product and brand.
- Mica Products-stocking distributor for Cogebi, Von Roll, Isovolta and more. Available in flexible and rigid sheets, non-adhesive tapes and gaskets. Electrowind Converting Solutions can convert mica products in various ways to produce custom parts based on your design or requirement.
- Wedges, Separator Coils & Topsticks-available in various flexible and rigid materials including DMD, NMN, TFT, epoxy glass, wood and more.
- Test & Production Equipment-distributor for SKF Baker, IRD Balancing, Lexseco, ACE, Phenix, HeatTek, Imprex, Dynamics Research Corp., Pollution Control Products Co., Jenkins, Steelman, A & W Dyanmometer and more. Test and production equipment available from Electrowind includes: motor analyzers; balancing machines and instruments; coil winding machines; core loss testers; dip tanks; batch and burnoff ovens; dynamometers; motor/transformer test systems and more.
- Shop, Safety & Maintenance Supplies-authorized distributor for Martindale, Ideal Industries, Blue Peter, Brady Products, Burlo Fans & Molds Inc., 3M and more. Shop, safety and maintenance supplies available from Electrowind includes: brush seaters; RTD’s; dispensing equipment; undercutter saws; metering equipment; strip heaters; motor fans and bushings; undercutters; safety glasses; shop respiratory protection equipment; shop cleaners; greases; masking products and more.
Visit Electrowind’s website at www.electro-wind.com for more information on our full product line.