Electric Motors and Generators
Electrowind Converting Solutions converts a wide variety of winding and electrical insulation materials – typically from the large catalogue available through parent company Electrowind – for electric motors and generators rebuilders and manufacturers.
Capabilities Overview: Flexible Material Converting for Electric Motors and Generators
Our broad range of capabilities help us customize insulating papers, films and tapes in your motors and generators to fit your application.
Electrowind Converting Solutions:
- Slits (to width – from narrow to wide, depending on your need) flexible materials including DMD, NMN, Mylar® polyester film, Kapton® polyimide film, Nomex® aramid paper, TFT, and mica to the specific width or length of roll you need
- Slits (to width – from narrow to wide, depending on your need) adhesive taps
- Sheets materials to your specific dimensions
- Laminates materials together to add an adhesive liner or to add extra mechanical or insulating strength, depending on your requirements
- Customizes lead insulation, phase insulation, filler strips, spacers, slot liners, and more based on your design
- Die cuts 10 or 10,000 insulating parts to a specific shape or formed to fit in your motors or generators,
- Die cuts, stamps, punch presses, bends, creases and/or forms those parts for you with fast turnaround and precision tolerances
- Can help you design and prototype the right part for your application
Capabilities Overview: Rigid Material Converting for Electric Motors and Generators
Electrowind Converting Solutions can convert a range of custom parts - including stator wedges, coil blocks, washers, lead blocks, and pole collars - to your exacting requirements.
Electrowind Converting Solutions:
- Works with high-pressure laminates to create the custom blocking, support, insulating and barrier parts that are vital to electric motors and generators:
- Glass polyester GPO-1, GPO-2 and GPO-3;
- Glass epoxy G-10, G-11, FR-4 and EMD;
- High-temperature polyester SG-200 and HT-1030; and
- Phenolic materials including grade L, LE, C, CE and more.
- Offers CNC and waterjet machining, sawing, milling, turning, forming, bending and more to machine the hard materials you need to build and repair your electric motors and generators in a cost-effective and timely fashion.
Electrowind Converting Solutions is:
- An ISO 9001:2015 certified company
- A 3M Preferred Converter
- A trusted converter for a wide variety of world-class manufacturers and supplier partners
Typical Custom Products: Electric Motors and Generators
- Armature finger plates
- Armature wedges
- Bearing insulation
- Brush holder rings
- Coil/connection tape
- Coil turn insulation
- Deflector insulation
- Electrical Insulation
- End winding spacer blocks
- Exciter insulation
- Filler strips/spacers
- Gas baffle segments
- Lead clamps
- Magnetic wedges
- Motor stator wedges
- Phase insulation/barriers
- Pole collars
- Pole support blocking
- Pole turn insulation
- Punched terminal blocking
- Ripple springs
- RTD insulators
- Semi-conductive filler strips
- Sliders (counter wedges)
- Slot liners
- Top, center & side filler
- Winding supports
Contact Electrowind Converting Solutions at 800.265.8340 to discuss your custom electric motor or generator requirements, or to Request a Quote for your custom parts.
Electrowind-Available Materials & Equipment
Electrowind Converting Solutions is a division of Electrowind. Electrowind supplies materials and equipment for electric motor, generator, transformer, electrical and electronic equipment.
Visit Electrowind’s website at www.electro-wind.com for more information on our full product line.